RESEND with attachment: Install Problem

I've gone through the compilation and tried to do the installation
according to the document under subdirectory of
"ldap\doc\install\configure", but the installation failed.

The document "install" under "ldap" directory does not show the step for
the installation, but go to the tests directory to make before doing
installation. I don't know what's the difference.

I am new in UNIX, please bear with me.

Attached BuildProcedure.txt gives the information for the steps of what
I did. And the attached Install.error.txt is the error portion of it.

Here I also list the error I encountered in installation
make prefix=/home/aliang/aliang-quicksilver/ldap install

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Angela
Berkeley DB:
Unzip
mv db-2_7_5_tar.tar db.tar.gz
gzip -d db.tar.gz
tar xfv db.tar

Configure
cd build_unix
../dist/configure

Make
make

Install
Command "make install" will install the software into default directory - /usr/local
If want to install into different directory, give command:
"make prefix=<DBPATH> install "

OpenLDAP
Unzip OpenLDAP
mv openldap-release.tgz ldap-rel.tar.gz
gzip -d ldap-rel.tar
tar xfv ldap-rel.tar
Set environment for build
setenv LIBS "-lpthread -lposix4"
setenv CPPFLAGS -I<DBPATH>/BerkeleyDB/include
setenv LDFLAGS -L<DBPATH>/BerkeleyDB/lib

Make
make depend
make
make prefix=<PATH> install

Making install in /home/aliang/aliang-quicksilver/src/quicksilver/ldap
  Entering subdirectory include
mkdir -p -p /usr/local/include
mkdir: "/usr/local/include": Exists but is not a directory
*** Error code 2 (ignored)
../build/install-sh -c  -m 644 ./ldap.h /usr/local/include
cp: cannot create /usr/local/include/ldap.h: Permission denied
chmod: WARNING: can't access /usr/local/include/ldap.h
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `install-local'
Current working directory /home/aliang/aliang-quicksilver/src/quicksilver/ldap/i
nclude
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `install-common'