Need help for using openldap-release.tgz

Does anybody use openldap-release.tgz yet? This is release 1.2.1

I have couple of problem with it.

First of all, I can not unzip it in UNIX.

tar xfz openldap-release.tgz can not go further.
1. there is no z option
2. with "tar xfv openldap-release.tgz", I have "directory checksum
error".

I've tried to unzip from PC using winzip 7.0. There is no problem.
I transferred all the files to UNIX and do the configure - "sh
./configure".
It gave me the result of:

"
checking for a BSD compatible install... build/install-sh -c
checking for working aclocal... missing
checking for working autoconf... missing
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... missing
checking for working makeinfo... missing
checking configure arguments... done
"

Can anybody tell me the problem?

Any help will be highly appreciated.