Re: Problems with OpenLDAP 1.2 and netscape 4.51

Juan Carlos Gomez wrote:

> Rob Gabbard wrote:
>
> > I downloaded and built 1.2 today on SGI IRIX 6.5.3m. After installing
> > it, I can query the server from Netscape 4.07 and Outlook Express 4.7
> > but when I attempt to from the address book in Netscape 4.51 I get a
> > protocol error. Turning on the debugging mode of slapd appears to show a
> > v2(slapd) vs. v3(netscape) conflict.
> >
> > Any help ?

Dunno... but I have OpenLDAP 1.0 running under FreeBSD 2.2 and I can query it
from Nescape 4.51.
I've never gotten authenticated binds to work (though I haven't tried very
hard) but anonymous binds appear to work fine.

I expect to start playing with 1.2 next week...

Charles

--
---
  Charles N. Owens                               Email:  owensc@enc.edu