Re: configure locks up w/version 1.1.1 on HP-UX 10.20

Jonathan,

On Fri, 22 Jan 1999, Jonathan B Ellis wrote:

> Now that I've installed pmpthreads and gdbm, configure gets this far:
>
> [...]
> checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... yes
> checking size of short... 2
> checking size of int... 4
> checking size of long... 4
> checking for 8-bit clean memcmp... yes
> checking for strftime... yes
> checking for vprintf... yes
> checking for vsnprintf... yes
> checking for vsprintf... yes
> checking for wait3 that fills in rusage...
>
> At this point it hangs.  Suspending configure and running tail config.log gives
>
> configure:7835: checking for wait3 that fills in rusage
> configure:7874: /usr/local/pthreads/bin/pgcc -o conftest -g -O2 -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/pthreads/include  conftest.c -lV3  1>&5
>
> It doesn't die in the compilation; conftest has been generated and is
> running, but isn't actually doing anything:

I had this problem under IRIX 6.2, but not under IRIX 6.5, when linking
with -lpthread.  I removed -lpthread from the link under 6.2 and it
actually completed the test.  Something in the pthread library was causing
problems with wait3().

You could try that.  Look at the compile line in entirety and do it
manually, excluding the -lpthread, and see what happens.

Don
--
Don Badrak <dbadrak@census.gov>              301.457.1793 work
Telecommunications Office		     301.457.4438 fax