Re: group ACLs for a newbie

On Tue, Nov 03, 1998 at 08:58:32PM -0800, andrew tristan wrote:
> My persons are divided up between private and public.  I want to be
> able to offer public entries to anyone, but restrict access to the
> private ones.  I assume that this is done with group ACLs, is this
> correct?  Anyone got any pointers or documentation on how this would
> work?

Standard ACL's work by matching your entries. Typically you just have
separate parts of the hierarchy with separate rules based on their names.

Group acl's work by allowing you to specify an entry which in turn contains
a multi-valued attribute that contains the DN's of specific entries that are
allowed to do something. In effect superseding matching by DN patterns.

--
Stuart Lynne <sl@fireplug.net>      604-461-7532      <http://www.fireplug.net>
PGP Fingerprint: 28 E2 A0 15 99 62 9A 00  88 EC A3 EE 2D 1C 15 68