Problems getting started ... Error 9, Partial results and referral received

Hiho!

I can't get my slapd with ldbm backend giving results .. wether I feed it
or I search it, everytime it responses with Error 9, Partial results an
referral received.

My goal is to read data from a gdbm file extracted from an Oracle
database. I currently think it would be easier for me to extract the data
from the Oracle database via cronjob and send them to slapd via ldapmodify
or somehow else using ldif. Should give no problems, but this
&!$&%&%%&! error 9 really sucks.

Thanks for any help

  the Count