ldap_set_rebind_proc

I am having some difficulty setting the rebind proc using the
ldap_set_rebind_proc(LDAP*, int(*rebindproc)()) function under egcs
1.1b.

The compiler complains:
ldap_client.cpp:37:
warning: implicit declaration of function 'int
ldap_set_rebind_proc(...)'

All of the other ldap_* functions (i.e. open, bind, unbind, etc.) are
being found, but the compiler seems to throw a wobbler at this one. Of
course, it would be one requesting a pointer to function :) so, I am
wondering several things:

a. is it a c++ issue? I am trying to write a c++ wrapper for the ldap
client, and the rebindproc function is inside a class. I don't think
this is the case since I have tried casting the function pointer to the
exact kind being asked for.

b. is it a compiler issue? This of course could be a problem with egcs.
in which case, I will bug THAT list :) no pun intended.

c. is it a problem with the declaration. I noticed in ldap.h that all of
the functions I am calling are declared extern except for the
ldap_set_rebind_proc. making that simple change did not seem to change
the warning though.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
tim