DSA is unavailable (Was: RE: OpenLDAP RPM's)

On Sat, 12 Sep 1998, Peter Marks wrote:
> I must say that errors like "ldap_bind: DSA is unavailable" don't mean
> anything to me.

This error really seems strange. It might be cause by the fact that you
tried to bind with a non-existant DN in the first place. Does it still
happen, when you bind with the correct root-DN?

In your case, I think that one of the things I posted some days ago
applies: You have to create the directory-root object itself. Your suffix
is "o=Whitesmiths,c=AU", so you have to create that organization object,
like this:

dn: o=Whitesmiths,c=AU
objectclass: organization
objectclass: top
o: Whitesmiths

("oc: top" is not really necessary, but nice to have).

After that, you should be able to create objects below the directory-root.

I already reported this behaviour, which I consider unintuitive, but got
no answer.

Hope that solves your problem!

Ingo Luetkebohle, CTO
dev/consulting Gesellschaft fuer Netzwerkentwicklung und -beratung mbH
url: http://www.devconsult.de/ - fon: 0521-1365800 - fax: 0521-1365803