Re: MDB library naming conflict

--On Friday, November 30, 2012 7:35 AM -0800 Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
Unfortunately, libmdb already exists in modern linux systems as part of
the mdb-tools package. This would be a problematic conflict for getting
MDB packaged in general.  As a proposal, how about liblmdb as the new
name?  I haven't been able to find any instances of that existing in the
wild.

This is basically a continuation of this thread
http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-devel/201111/msg00063.html

I think liblmdb for the name of the library file is fine. Do we need to
change any other instances of "mdb" as well, or can we just let them
slide?

We seem fine with mdb_copy and mdb_stat. However, "mdb.h" seems to be common:

<http://opensource.apple.com/source/developer_cmds/developer_cmds-49/menuc/mdb.h?txt>
<http://www.raspberryginger.com/jbailey/minix/html/mdb_8h-source.html>
<https://github.com/Bouni/MateDealer/blob/master/mdb.h>
<http://doxygen.db48x.net/mozilla/html/mdb_8h-source.html>