Re: The Last Sysadmin Prayer: Discussion Returns to Wrap and Base64 World

Angel Bosch wrote:
> all my scripts scream out loud because wraping and base64 encoding.

Personally I consider using command-line tool ldapsearch to produce input data
for shell scripts somewhat broken.

I think even if you're not a developer you should learn a decent scripting
language and use LDAP and LDIF modules of that instead of shell scripting.
Choose one available for your platform and which meets your needs.

E.g. Python scripts tend to be much smaller than comparable shell scripts. And
you can implement much better error handling anyway than with shell scripts.

Ciao, Michael.