Re: openldap.git branch mdb.master updated. 0533f80364810fb89b1feac892f9397fffe6ebd0

- Log -----------------------------------------------------------------
commit 0533f80364810fb89b1feac892f9397fffe6ebd0
Author: Howard Chu<hyc@symas.com>
Date:   Wed Sep 14 11:31:27 2011 -0700

     Add MacOSX support

     mmap() with FIXEDMAP fails, otherwise things work.

Interestingly enough, it succeeds under gdb. At a guess, address space layout randomization prevents it from working in the normal case. I haven't bothered to dig into this further; as far as I'm concerned MacOSX is a broken OS and isn't worth the time. (google "macosx process shared mutexes" and follow the trail thru semaphores and all the other brokenness if you feel like wasting a few hours of your life as I just did.)