Re: OpenLDAP git repo - HEADS UP

On Mar 23, 2011, at 3:02 PM, Howard Chu wrote:

> Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
>> Hello Howard,

>> I noticed you set up
>>   https://github.com/openldap/openldap
>> which have commits up to 2010-10-12. Are there any plans to reactivate
>> syncing from CVS to this repository or is it abandoned?
>
> Actually I don't know who setup the repo on github.com. Anyway, things have progressed. Read-only repos are now available on git.openldap.org. You can
> also browse them at http://www.openldap.org/devel/gitweb.cgi .
>
> We will do one final release from CVS before switching over completely to git.
> So after 2.4.25 is released, the CVS repos will be read-only.

And orphaned, and will be deleted after giving those who are using CVS a reasonable chance to migrate local changes to a git commit.  We don't plan on pushing git commits into CVS.

A tag will be laid down in both the CVS and Git repos when we complete the switch (which will be documented on the repo.html page), so that late migrators now where the switch was made.