Re: Info about statically compiled overlays and backends

Am Mittwoch 27 Oktober 2010, 10:27:23 schrieb Pierangelo Masarati:
> Ralf Haferkamp wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'd like slapd to be able to report the overlays and backends that
> > are statically compiled into the binary. I am currently thinking
> > about adding that to the -V option, e.g. if slapd is called with
> > -VVV (-VV is already taken it seem) it lists the statically
> > included overlays and backends additionally to the Version
> > Information. Does that make sense or should be introduce another
> > argument for that?
>
> Note that this information is available from the monitor backend;
Yes. I was just looking for a way to get that information without having
a properly configured slapd running.

> I've
> a long standing patch in my working dir that allows to register
> dynamically loaded ones as well.  No objection to using a
> command-line switch for this purpose.  To avoid excessive overloading
> I'd recommend '-o <some parameter>', e.g. '-o
> static-feature={backend,overlay,all}'
I've chosen to go the -VVV route now as it seems a very good fit for
outputting this kind information to me. But if you insist on using
"-o static-feature" I'd be willing to change to that.

--
Ralf