I see from here

http://linuxtesting.org/upstream-tracker/test_results/openldap/current/test_results.html

46 tests marked as failed, and 50 warnings. Just looking at the first couple failures, they're complete misuses of the API.

#1 ber_bvarray_free() SEGVs because BVarrays must be NULL-terminated, and your test function is just passing in a single BerVal, not a BVarray.

#2 ber_decode_oid() SEGVs because as the comment indicates, the outupt BerVal must be initialized with both a buffer pointer and the size of that buffer, and your test function passes an uninit'd BerVal.

#3 ber_memvfree() SEGVs because your vector is allocated on the stack, so naturally it cannot be freed.

etc...

For the warnings

#1 you pass a NULL entry pointer, which is of course invalid. Proper code would have checked the return value from ldap_result() first, note that it didn't return any message, and stopped at that point.

#50 of course the result is useless because the input is not a proper BER-encoded datum.

etc...