Re: (ITS#3665) Multi-Listener Thread Support

On Sun, 1 Aug 2010, Howard Chu wrote:

One other realization I had is that the current design makes it very easy to build slapd as either threaded or non-threaded. Pushing too much activity into other threads would break the non-threaded builds. But at this point, with even cellphones going dual-core, I have to wonder how important it is to maintain compatibility for non-threaded slapd builds.

I'm not so sure if it's important to maintain slapd non-threaded, but it would still be nice to see libldap and other client-side needs without threads. It's becoming rarely needed from a hardware perspective, but the OS ecosystem to match seems to lag (either in implementation timeline or implementation quality).