Re: Openldap replication over XMPP

--On Thursday, July 22, 2010 10:27 AM +0200 Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:

  On 7/22/10 8:23 AM, kalyan wrote:
On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 02:50:27PM -0700, Howard Chu wrote:
kalyan wrote:
Hi,

I would like to share some simple idea and find out similar interest.
This is about the ldap replication using the existing xmpp network.
Why?

To be frank, i did not think this because there is some serious problem
in the existing replication mechanism. But the below might be considered
for your question.
<snip/>
Definitely this can't be a default replication method for openldap, but
I am thinking what if I make another directory server to sync to
openldap.
The best way is probably for this different server to implement RFC 4533.
This is what we did at Apache Directory Server allowing us to sync with
an OpenLDAP server. It works, it's not *that* complicated. Here is an
exemple on how to leverage a Java API implementing this RFC :

http://fanf42.blogspot.com/2010/07/java-ldap-sdk-for-syncrepl-replication
.html

Cool, does it support delta-syncrepl?

--Quanah