Re: SASL OTP and syncrepl

Pierangelo Masarati <masarati@aero.polimi.it> wrote:

> I'm not a fan of OTP, but I believe this problem is worth being
> discussed not only with respect to OTP, but also because it may share
> issues with other auth methods where the directory stores auth-related
> data (like SASL auxprops).
>
> When everything is set up correctly, a client should not direct binds
> with this type of mech to a replica.

A simple solution in the single master situation is to redirect any SASL
OTP bind to the master. As far as I understand, we have no way of
configuring this right now, it needs at add some code, right?

The multi-master setup is much more complicated to get done right.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz