Re: OpenLDAP 2.5

Michael Ströder wrote:
Howard Chu wrote:
We should also walk thru the Software Enhancement requests and decide
which to accept and which to reject. Currently there are 37 outstanding.

1. I'd hope to see DIT structure rules and name forms to be implemented.

Sure. There's already an ITS for that. Really not hard to do, DITStructureRUles just need to be checked in the frontend do_add() and not much else. Of course, this would be a good opportunity to take advantage of the per-DB subschemasubentry which till now has not served any purpose.

2. If support for slapd.conf is completely dropped would it also be possible
to implement a more client-friendly back-config schema which does not have to
be backward compatible to slapd.conf?

Describe what would be more client-friendly.