Re: RE24: Decoding error when querying MS AD

Michael Ströder writes:
>Michael Ströder wrote:
>> Something's screwed up in BER decoding of RE24 now. I get a
>> LDAP_DECODING_ERROR but it used to work with former versions.

Workaround in HEAD:  liblber/decode.c rev 1.129.  Please test.

It was due to ITS#6353: reject embedded NUL bytes in plain
strings.  AD sends the diagnosticMessage with a terminating NUL
byte, as if LDAP used C strings:-( Now we accept a terminating
NUL, but still reject NULs in the middle of the string.

--
Hallvard