Re: OL2.3 vs OL2.4 perf issues

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
I've been spending some time perf testing OL 2.4 in relation to OL 2.3. Unfortunately, RE24 is noticeably slower than 2.3 was. Results of simple auth testing with slamd show:

OL 2.3: 21,745 auths/second

OL 2.4: 15,733 auths/second

So OL 2.4 is 6,000 auths/second (aka 12,000 searches/second) slower than 2.3. I.e., 27% slower.

Howard committed a patch that slightly helps some situations, and Hallvard has a rewrite of part of the lber library that I've been testing that he'll commit soon. That helps somewhat:

OL 2.4 with howard and hallvard's patches: 17,086 auths/second.

That still leaves us over 4,500 auths/second (or 9000 searches/second) slower than RE2.3. I.e., 21.5% slower. Which is quite a substantial gap.

Any info about the infra you are running this test ?

Thanks !

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount