Re: configurable keepalive setting through libldap?

Am Freitag 01 Mai 2009 11:50:15 schrieb masarati@aero.polimi.it:
> > Hi,
> >
> > since quite some time libldap enables tcp-keepalive, e.g. to detected
> > dangling
> > syncrepl connections. However the default timeout of two hours that most
> > systems are using might be a bit too long for some applications (e.g. I
> > had a
> > problem lately were nscd didn't answer queries anymore because nss_ldap
> > was
> > blocking in SSL_read() while the underlying connection has been cut off).
> > On
> > the other hand messing with the system wide settings might no be a good
> > idea
> > either. On Linux it is possible to configure the keepalive settings on a
> > per
> > socket basis through the TCP_KEEP* socket options.
> >
> > Would it be worth adding ldap_set_option() support for those, even if
> > they are
> > not really portable?
>
> I think it would; for archs that do not support it, it could do nothing
> (and log accordingly, just in case).

Ok, I'll introduce the following new options for keepalive support then:
LDAP_OPT_X_KEEPALIVE_IDLE	0x6300
LDAP_OPT_X_KEEPALIVE_PROBES	0x6301
LDAP_OPT_X_KEEPALIVE_INTERVAL	0x6302

We might also think about adding support to set those values for syncrepl and
back-ldap/back-meta.

--
regards,
	Ralf