Re: cancel operation

Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
Howard Chu<hyc@symas.com>  wrote:

Here is the current code in slapo-nops that deals with that condition:
          if ((m = op->orm_modlist) == NULL) {
                  op->o_bd->bd_info = (BackendInfo *)(on->on_info);
Delete that line above.

Right, I had a problem because I was not building against the same slap.h the server was built with.

Now, another problem: this does not really cancel the operation:

         if ((m = op->orm_modlist) == NULL) {
                 send_ldap_error(op, rs, LDAP_SUCCESS, "");
                 return(rs->sr_err);
         }

There is an accesslog overlay after the nops overlay, and if the code
path above is executed, it will fire an assertion in accesslog code
because the modify set is empty.

As I said before, you hadn't provided enough details about your configuration. Next time you ask a question like this, send your slapd.conf as requested.

I assume that having accesslog before nops will help, but OTOH, one of
the goal of nops is to avoid overloading accesslog with junk changes.

What are you really trying to accomplish here? In what operating context? Provide more info if you want to get any help.