Re: slapd.conf vs slapd.d in the docs

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Monday, January 12, 2009 9:14 AM +0000 Gavin Henry
<ghenry@OpenLDAP.org>  wrote:

OK, thanks. Dev team thoughts?

I found the doc examples using the LDIF format quite useful when transitioning from the *.conf format to the config format, regardless of the ability to take a slapd.conf and translate it to LDIF. People who are starting fresh may never need/desire to have a *.conf file.

Along those lines ... we've set a policy that all new code (backends, overlays) must support cn=config. I think it makes sense to use the same policy for all newly written documentation. slapd.conf is obsolete.