Re: Syntax/matching rule implementation - floating point numbers

On Wed, 2008-12-17 at 16:08 +0100, Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
> Lorenzo Pastrana writes:
> > Don't expect too much from me until I get a little more experimented
> > with OpenLDAP and its implementation.
>
> Good luck.

I guess I'll need some, my intuitions are wonderful, reality ...

> > I'll be looking for some way of memcmp-arable real scalar encoding to
> > see what's being done in networked games for example ...
>
> Depending on your needs you could implement it without indexing support,
> or at least with only EQUALITY indexing support.

Actually this is where floats are inherently bat at ...

>   No need for memcmpable ordering.

This is where fixed point reals can come handy ...
I don't know what the applicable standard says about real numbers in
LDAP but from what you say my bet is fixed-point reals could fit
well ...

Lorenzo Pastrana - Happy End Vision
Design web
Conception multimÃdia