Re: slapadd performance degradation from 2.3.43 to 2.4.12

Am Dienstag 25 November 2008 15:07:21 schrieb Hallvard B Furuseth:
> Did I send this?  Trying again -  I wrote:
> > ...unless the doc is inaccurate.
>
> which in any case would be no reason to make bdb_tool_entry_put()
> wait for env->memp_trickle().  If you keep the mutex lock,
> set a flag while locked and move memp_trickle() out of the lock.

I gave your attached patch a short try and it is a bit slower (between 10 and
20 seconds in my tests), than the one with the lock/unlock calls removed.

The question is, if it is really needed to catch every signal. AFAIK the
signal is sent every 4096th entry anyway, so if one is lost there will soon be
another one that triggers memp_trickle().
Howard, what's your opinion on this?

--
Ralf