Re: test049, test050, test053 in HEAD now fail

Quanah Gibson-Mount skrev:
--On Saturday, November 15, 2008 10:36 PM -0800 Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:

As a side note, test053 is not in RE24. Should it be? Seems likely...

No, it should not. I've already removed it once from RE24:

1.1.2.2 Mon May 5 21:32:15 2008 UTC; 6 months, 1 week ago by quanah
Branch: OPENLDAP_REL_ENG_2_4
Changed since 1.1.2.1: +1 -1 lines
Diffs to 1.1.2.1 (colored diff)
FILE REMOVED

Remove test053-syncprov-glue. It assumes options that aren't valid for earlier versions of BDB, and it assumes the db_stat in the user's path is from the same version of BDB as OpenLDAP was compiled against.

I have updated the script to try if any db_stat it finds in PATH works with the bdb OpenLDAP was compiled with before actually making use of it. Does this make the script acceptable?

Alternatively, we could remove its db_stat usage. It is only used as an extra aid in detecting the deadlock situation the script was written to find, and to warn the user about a possible deadlock if the bug appears to be there. Or is there some other safe way to find a working db_stat to use, or test the "db_stat -V" output of any if finds agains the bdb version OpenLDAP was built with?

Rein