Re: Matching rule against IP subnet

Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:

> In my own domain-based directories I simply use the DN hierarchy:
>
>       dc=doubleclick,dc=net,ou=spam,dc=highlandsun,dc=com
>       dc=73,dc=216,dc=in-addr,dc=arpa,ou=spam,dc=highlandsun,dc=com

How do you get that working with BIND, for instance? The schema is
there:
http://www.venaas.no/ldap/bind-sdb/dnszone-schema.txt

Exemple:
dn: relativeDomainName=host,o=home
objectClass: dNSZone
relativeDomainName: host
zoneName: example.net
dNSClass: IN
aRecord: 192.0.2.3

dn: relativeDomainName=3,zoneName=2.0.192.in-addr.arpa,o=home
objectClass: dNSZone
relativeDomainName: 3
zoneName: 2.0.192.in-addr.arpa
dNSClass: IN
pTRRecord: host.example.net.

Currently, we have everything needed to setup an ACL so that John Doe
can only set a pTRRecord within *.sales.example.net.  One just have to
setup a val.regex ACL.

But there is no way to tell that he can only set a pTRRecord within
192.0.2.128/25, therefore my inquiry on that topic.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz