Re: commit: ldap/servers/slapd/back-null null.c

Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
ando@OpenLDAP.org writes:
	null.c  1.25 -> 1.26
declare support for read controls (ITS#5757)

Hold on.

LDAP_CONTROL_PAGEDRESULTS requires to be sent LDAP_CONTROL_PAGEDRESULTS
in the search response.  Does the frontend do that?  back-bdb does it
"by hand".

Correct.

Clients may use LDAP_CONTROL_ASSERT to check something they want to know,
not just to ensure they don't update entries with unexpected contents.

I suppose we could evaluate the filter against an empty entry with just
the DN filled in - as if the rest were hidden by access controls.
Though since back-null is a liar - it cannot present a consistent view
of whether data are present or not - it may be better to be conservative
and always return Assertion Failed.

Sounds fine.

I don't know the requirements of the other controls/extensions.

I believe manageDSAit and subentries are fine. Probably, some of the write controls may be safely accepted.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.r.l.
via Dossi, 8 - 27100 Pavia - ITALIA
http://www.sys-net.it
Office:  +39 02 23998309