Re: poll/epoll patch for libldap?

Nicholas Dronen wrote:

That's good news.  We're currently using OpenLDAP 2.2.13, which is the
version included in RedHat EL 4.6. (RedHat is apparently quite conservative
in the versions of the packages they include in their distribution.)  The
next release of our product will run on RedHat EL 5.x, which comes with
OpenLDAP 2.3.27, so we should be okay in the long run.

Sort of: 2.3 is now at 2.3.43, with a quite long list of bugfixes (~500? not to mention new useful features).

p.

 The motivation for
my question about the patch was, of course, simply that we would like not to
have to recompile OpenLDAP for every *future* version of our product.
Naturally, in the short term we would recompile and rebuild the RPM and send
it to our customers.  In any case, it's great to hear that the newer
versions of libldap use poll already, so we just have to recompile and
rebuild the RPM for our current release.  Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Nick

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.r.l.
via Dossi, 8 - 27100 Pavia - ITALIA
http://www.sys-net.it
Office:  +39 02 23998309