Re: reduced DEFAULT_SEARCH_STACK_DEPTH

Suhel Momin wrote:

Hi,

I want to understand what is the impact of changing following #defines

#define DEFAULT_SEARCH_STACK_DEPTH 16
#define MINIMUM_SEARCH_STACK_DEPTH 8

I can see that this value is used to allocate search_stack.

I modified these values to

#define DEFAULT_SEARCH_STACK_DEPTH 4
#define MINIMUM_SEARCH_STACK_DEPTH 2

This helped in reducing memory footprint however I am not sure about the
wide range impact.

The MINIMUM is a hard limit; the search code expects it to be at least 8. Anything smaller will cause a SEGV. Never change these definitions. The whole reason there is a "searchstack" config keyword is so that you can safely reconfigure this value without changing the code.

The comment on MINIMUM is "The minimum we can function with" - do you think we're lying when we write comments like that?
CTO, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com