Re: back-bdb flaw

Gavin Henry wrote:
<quote who="Howard Chu">
and we knew that back-hdb didn't have these problems. And we've talked
about
dropping back-bdb in favor of back-hdb several times through the years. It
seems now is the time.

What's the overall impact to everything else code wise? "make test" will take half the time now though.

Considering that back-hdb and back-bdb share 90% of their code, I don't see any immediate impact from this decision. Even going thru and deleting/moving the files in CVS is more trouble than it's worth. I guess we can disable it by default in the configure script, and drop it from the default tests.