Re: back-bdb flaw

--On Tuesday, July 22, 2008 1:22 PM -0700 Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:
Thinking about it some more, we can still salvage back-bdb, but it will
require a change in the dn2id index format. The only thing that bothers
me about this is that once you start down the path of making "sensible"
changes to back-bdb's dn2id format, you eventually arrive at back-hdb
anyway, so again, is it really worth the effort...

Maybe we just deprecate it, tell everyone to move off of BDB 4.2.52 at the same time, and rework back-hdb to work with BDB 4.7's new locking stuff. Honestly it seems like a bit of work to go to, to save a backend that's already been obsoleted.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer