Re: Deleting overlays from cn=config

On 6/5/08 11:50 AM, Michael Ströder wrote:
Howard Chu wrote:
Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
You also need to walk through the database and delete any attributes
object classes defined by the overlay.  That'll be at least any
operational attributes since they must be hardcoded into the C source.

I wouldn't bother with that, since the schema definitions are still present. Those attributes would simply stop being updated/generated...

Hmm, I'd consider this to be seriously flawed. It strikes me that there might still exist operational attributes in some entries which are no longer maintained by the DSA and there's no schema information available anymore.

Think of backup/restore situations where slapadd checks the schema...

How is that different from pre-cn=config setups where the administrator shut down slapd and removed the schema from the slapd.conf and restarted slapd?

It's the same administrative responsibility to remove the use of the schema (and the attributes in the database) before removing the schema definition.