Re: commit: ldap/servers/slapd config.c

Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
Howard Chu writes:
I figured since this hadn't been documented yet I could change it
without repercussions. But it raises a question of consistency; we
have some options using hyphens, and some using underscores, and I
don't really see any rationale for which is chosen. Anyone have a
preference, and a reason?

One fix is to translate '-' to '_' internally in slapd.conf option names, or to ignore both.

In the primary keywords (argv[0]) we can do this easily enough; we can just provide table entries for the valid alternate forms. For secondary keywords, I don't think there's an easy way to do it uniformly.

Inconsistent with ldap.conf keywords though.

I don't see any pressing reason to change that.