Re: RE24 deadlock

On Tue, 29 Apr 2008, Howard Chu wrote:

Aaron Richton wrote:
On Mon, 28 Apr 2008, Howard Chu wrote:

Your stack trace shows that this is due to the latest patch to
back-bdb/cache.c, rev 1.175. If you revert that patch this deadlock will go
away. But that's probably not the ultimate solution.

OK. This isn't hitting me in production (to my knowledge at least), only as "please test RE24." So I'll wait for the next "please test RE24" and give it another go...I'm sleeping until then. Thanks.

Go ahead and test the patch in HEAD, thanks.

The HEAD patch causes a deadlock when bdb_cache_delete_cleanup() is called by bdb_cache_lru_purge(), as the latter already has the entryinfo locked.

Rein