Re: SummerOfCode suggestions

--On Monday, March 10, 2008 8:50 AM -0400 Adam Tauno Williams <adamtaunowilliams@gmail.com> wrote:

> <quote who="Howard Chu">
>> I recall we had a few ideas last year, but they came up a bit late.
>> Anyone still have some wish list items for this year?
> What about the todo list? Anything good in there?
There are also occasional requests for additional matching rules
support,  that may be something to add.
The Forth based engine also sounds promising.

Maybe an overlay to implement USN, like the uSNChanged attribute in Active Directory <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891995> I'd imagine USN support is required for Samba4 to use OpenLDAP as a backend, and it would just be handy since some tools/scripts assume AD-isms.

Just a thought.

You mean like the USN code currently in head? ;) IIRC, it still needs a little bit of work to polish it off.

/repo/OpenLDAP/pkg/ldap/contrib/slapd-modules/usn

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer