Re: glue ehancement?

Maybe I'm understanding the requirements incorrectly, but what's wrong with http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200802/msg00136.html?
I agree with Dieter that I don't see how the referenced ITS applies.

For one project, I used:

database hdb
subordinate
suffix "ou=Local Users,dc=rutgers,dc=edu"

database ldap
suffix "dc=rutgers,dc=edu"

in production for a couple years. It didn't work until 2.3.27 or so, when enhancements to back-ldap/meta made it possible. "Local Users" is politically guaranteed to be disjoint in this case. IIRC duplicates will indeed show up twice, with the local entry first.

I also recall the glue syntax changes of the 2.3.3-era. There were concerns over the amount of rope available there; make sure to keep those discussions in mind...