Re: managing OpenLDAP / back-config

On Mittwoch, 16. Januar 2008, Michael Ströder wrote:
> Ralf Haferkamp wrote:
> >> For 1. I usually ask my customers how they are going to implement
> >> the change management. After some discussion we usually end up
> >> with text-based config managed with version control. Something
> >> simple and handy. :-)
> >
> > Yes, I guess that this works pretty well when you deploy OpenLDAP
> > (or basically any other software) at a single customer. It gets
> > harder when you ship OpenLDAP as a part of a product,
>
> I already imagined what your aim is. ;-)
Of course my aim is somewhat focused on what I am getting paid for,
whose isn't? :) But additionally to that I was trying to find out if
there is a general interest among the OpenLDAP Developers to have some
kind of management tools/api. If there were, we could have started
something that would serve both interests. I am trying to avoid a
solution just specific to our products.

--
Ralf