Re: Fast Bind

> In our docs, should we use the term "Fast Bind", i.e. when a client
> supplies a full DN and also a password, or is it misleading?
> I've seen this referenced in other documentation and Cyrus SASL.

"Fast Bind" to me refers to an extended operation supported by Active
Directory.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/Aa367028.aspx
"Concurrent bind, also known as fast bind, enables an application to
determine if multiple users have valid IDs and passwords and if their
accounts are enabled. By using concurrent binding, the application can
request multiple bind operations by way of a single LDAP connection.

Unlike a normal LDAP bind, a concurrent bind does not determine a user
group association or build a security token; it only determines if the
user has a valid ID and password. This enables the concurrent bind to
complete in a fraction of the time of a normal bind."

--
Adam Tauno Williams, Network & Systems Administrator
Consultant - http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com