Re: Cache inspection control and ext. op.

Michael Ströder wrote:
> Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
>> inspection/maintenance: the cache database can be directly accessed via
>> LDAP by adding a specific control to each LDAP request; a specific
>> extended operation allows to consistently remove cached entries and entire
>> cached queries.
>
> Where are the control and the ext. op. defined?

It is __very__experimental, so #ifdef LDAP_DEVEL they get defined in
pcache code itself, which dynamically registers the extensions and the
related handlers.  I meant to to "publish" sort of a specification,
possibly in the docs (the exop is definitely going to be specific to
pcache; the control could be generalized to all backends/overlays that
contain hidden data, starting from the hidden database concept itself).

What I wrote so far is in
<http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/1420.html>.  Please feel free to
comment and to suggest improvements.

p.