Re: accesslog schema

Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
Howard Chu wrote:

I suppose I should at least write up an Informational RFC to go along with this
what's its status?

I think the reqControls and reqRespControls (not implemented yet by accesslog; I'm working at it) should have "X-ORDERED 'VALUES'", as ordering __might__ matter (RFC 4511 is not quite definitive on the subject:

   Additionally, unless order-dependent semantics are given in a
   specification, the order of a combination of controls in the SEQUENCE
   is ignored.

but at least it leaves room for specifying order-based semantics).

Nevermind, I've found a spec with X-ORDERED...

Right, as documented here http://www.highlandsun.com/hyc/drafts/draft-chu-ldap-logschema-xx.html they are intended to be Ordered.

Unfortunately the dependency on the xordered spec has kind of held up publishing of the logschema spec, since the xordered spec still needs a lot of corrections.
Chief Architect, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com