Re: commit: ldap/servers/slapd/overlays dyngroup.c

Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
Howard Chu wrote:

I thought this was going to be replaced by dynlist, whose
functionality it provides a subset.  Note that in HEAD dynlist can
also be instantiated under the name "dyngroup" (see obsolete names),
with the same configuration syntax.
Hm, the last I remember we had agreed that dyngroup should continue to
be used, since dynlist does a lot more than dyngroup needed. Did I miss
something?

Well, at some point yes, because dynlist was doing compare in a less efficient manner, but I think this has been fixed. Otherwise, I would have probably added back-config support earlier... not a big deal, just wondering.

I just went back and re-read ITS#3756. If dyngroup functionality is working fine in dynlist now, then we should just cvs rm dyngroup and drop it from 2.4.

In the meantime, I need to add support for dgIdentity to something. At this point I guess that means I'll add it to dynlist.

It seems to me that we have 3 possible behaviors when the dgIdentity attribute is not present:
1) search anonymously, as suggested in the Haripriya draft
2) search as the current user, as currently implemented
3) search as "self" i.e. the group DN

I'm thinking of adding a keyword to select this behavior. This would be a single option that affects the entire overlay, not on a per-attrset basis.
Chief Architect, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com