Re: BerkeleyDB versions

--On August 15, 2007 9:22:54 PM +0300 Kari Mattsson <kari@trivore.com> wrote:
Simple, yet philosophical:

If 'D' is the best companion for 'O', it is evolutionary to allow 'O+1'
to still work with 'D'.

Requiring 'D+1' with 'O+1' makes upgrades more difficult to arrange as a
whole.

So, maybe my point is change management.

I think you also miss the point that every OpenLDAP minor release I've experienced has required the database to be reloaded (2.1->2.2, 2.2->2.3), so this again is no different than the past, although for different reasons this time around, I believe.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer