pcache response too early?

As far as I understand, pcache response takes care of caching searches
__before__ sending the searchDone response to the client.  This
occasionally causes noticeably longer response times when large entry
sets are being cached (in my case, bunches of certification authorities
with very large CRLs).  I wonder if it would make sense, or otherwise
somehow conflict with the current design, to cache entries __after__.
This could be done, for example, during cleanup.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.r.l.