Re: Funding proposal for OpenLDAP Build Farm

On Tue, Apr 10, 2007 at 07:17:01PM -0700, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> >So, can we put a serious one together and get a build farm!
>
> What exactly do you have in mind when you say "build farm"?  A set of
> systems running different OSes to test builds (AIX, Solaris, HPUX, Linux
> 2.6, Windows, etc)?

In the hope this is not again an abuse of the list: If you
take a look at http://build.samba.org/ the hosts listed
there regularly download the latest sources for several
projects, compile them and run tests on them. The
connectivity requirements for the hosts are very minimal:
They only need to be able to rsync out. This has helped us
(the Samba Team) big ways for portability, because many
volunteers can donate free cycles.

Volker