Re: slurpd in RE24

--On Thursday, April 05, 2007 1:07 PM -0700 Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

--On Thursday, April 05, 2007 12:30 PM -0700 Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:

Since we haven't been fixing any slurpd bugs lately, it doesn't seem
like a good idea to continue releasing it. I'd like to cvs rm it from
HEAD and RE24. Comments?

Please. :P

Although there was one concern expressed recently that the syncrepl w/
back-ldap as a push method wasn't a great solution as a replacement,
since  it requires opening holes in the firewall in the reverse
direction.

Huh? It requires no such thing. syncrepl w/back-ldap will work with the exact same firewall setup as slurpd.

Well, it wasn't my concern. I'm just saying what they expressed. ;)

The relevant thread is:

<http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200703/msg00251.html>

If they are wrong, then so much the better. :)

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Senior Systems Software Developer