Re: back-config and slapadd

On Wednesday 21 March 2007 19:40, Howard Chu wrote:
> Ralf Haferkamp wrote:
[..]

> > 1. Should slapadd work with LDIF files that do not have any ordering
> > numbers for the databases in them?
> >
> > 2. Should slapadd work with LDIF files that does not explicitly contain
> > the mandatory cn=frontend and cn=config databases?
> >
> > I'd assume yes as the answer for both questions. The current code however
> > shows all kinds of weird behaviour with regard to both points and I'd
> > like to fix that.
>
> Yes, both of those are supposed to work. They were fine the last time I
> looked, haven't checked HEAD recently.
I am bit stuck with it as the observed behaviour is really weird. E.g. take
the folling LDIF fine:
------------------------
dn: cn=config
objectClass: olcGlobal
cn: config

dn: cn=schema,cn=config
objectClass: olcSchemaConfig
cn: schema

include:		file:///[...]/core.ldif

dn: olcDatabase=bdb,cn=config
objectClass: olcDatabaseConfig
objectClass: olcBdbConfig
olcDatabase: bdb
olcSuffix:		dc=my-domain,dc=com
olcRootDN:		cn=Manager,dc=my-domain,dc=com
olcRootPW:		secret
olcDbDirectory:	/var/lib/ldap/
olcDbIndex:	objectClass	eq
-------------------------

After slapadd I have these files in my config directory:
-------------------------
slapd.d/
slapd.d/cn=config
slapd.d/cn=config/cn=schema
slapd.d/cn=config/cn=schema/cn={0}core.ldif
slapd.d/cn=config/olcDatabase=bdb.ldif
slapd.d/cn=config/cn=schema.ldif
slapd.d/cn=config.ldif

Note the missing index in olcDatabase=bdb.ldif and the missing frontend and
config Databases. Shouldn't the frontend and config Database be already
created during slapdd?

When I startup slapd with that configuration the frontend and config database
are created automatically, but the bdb-Database doesn't still an number.

--
Ralf