back-config and slapadd

Hi,

I am currently trying to initialize the back-config database by slapadd-ing
a small ldif-File (based on the slapd.ldif from CVS HEAD). However I ran into
various issues with regard to the ordering of the different database objects
and it unclear to me how exactly this is supposed to work.
The sample slapd.ldif from CVS does not contain any ordering information
(the "{digit}" string). It can be slapadd-ed it with out any problem. But
after starting slapd (or any slaptool) I see some strange effects, e.g. I
suddenly have two frontend-databases in back-config (one with index -1 and
the other without any index).
In order to try to fix this I'd like to find out how slapadd-ing back-config
databases is supposed to work.

1. Should slapadd work with LDIF files that do not have any ordering numbers
for the databases in them?

2. Should slapadd work with LDIF files that does not explicitly contain the
mandatory cn=frontend and cn=config databases?

I'd assume yes as the answer for both questions. The current code however
shows all kinds of weird behaviour with regard to both points and I'd like to
fix that.

--
Ralf