Re: libsasl alternatives: dovecot, tsasl, ...

Michael B Allen wrote:
On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 16:38:02 +0000
Gavin Henry <ghenry@suretecsystems.com> wrote:
On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 15:38:54 -0800
Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:
We've talked about jettisoning Cyrus SASL in favor of "something else"
but there haven't been any other implementations worth considering. Feel
free to continue this conversation on the openldap-devel mailing list if
you want to pursue it further.
Timo from dovecot, uses his own version, and has talked before about
breaking it out. Might be worth a browse of the latest Dovecot RC.

I just inquired about Heimdal's "tsasl" (not currently included in Heimdal). They are interested in a simpler sasl solutions as well. He also mentioned dovecot.

I just pulled dovecot from CVS. It looks interesting, but it'd take more time than I have right now to investigate it. There's no API documentation, so it strikes me that it's a bit premature to be considering using it, but feel free to jump in and assess it.