Re: pthread rdwr locks

Howard Chu wrote:
I just noticed that we're explicitly disabling support for native rdwr locks in ldap_int_thread.h, and it's been that way since 2000. Any reason not to use the native locks instead of our emulation routines?

At least on Linux the native pthread locks are faster than our emulation. However, the glibc header files don't expose the phtread_rwlock_t definition by default, and getting the definition exposed involves a bit of pain. I haven't investigated on any other platforms.